Thursday, November 12, 2009

Obama Honor all our troops not just the dead at Fort Hood and listen to Gorbachev!




Obama decision on Afghanistan troops 'in days'



I have been listening to irresponsible rumors the last few days as news channels competed to be the first to declare what President Obama will decide on as to adding or even subtracting troops from Afghanistan.

I first heard he decided to send 34,000 then that he was going to add the 40,000 recommended by General McChrystal. I was very disturbed thinking he did not wait to hear the provincial assessments and what the Afghan leaders need and want.

I was relieved to find out Obama has not decided what he is going to do yet. The ceremony at Fort Hood to Honor the 14 massacred and 30 wounded by what they thought was one of their own it is a somber backdrop that will influence Obama’s decision.

I finally heard Obama will decide in 2 weeks after here hears assessments From American Commanders on the ground in every province in Afghanistan. I pray Obama will not see fit to add the 40,000 troops General McChrystal recommended but will listen to Mikhail Gorbachev as he knows first hand if we do not we will join the graveyard of Nations in Afghanistan too.

Gorbachev rightly recommends that Obama start to withdraw troops, the slow good bye I keep recommending! I firmly hope Obama does not see fit to add 40,000 more troops to what the Taliban believe is the end of day’s battle field. I sent you the link many times to the Taliban get their first wish so Google it if you want but they will be tickled pink if we add more troops for them to kill.

President Obama could add a million more troops and it would not matter. There is no shortage of volunteer wanting to martyr to get the infidels out of Afghanistan. President Obama should the 13 murdered and 30 wounded at Fort Hood along with all our troops.

President Obama should weigh what his chiefs of staff, General McChrystal, VP Biden, General McChrystal, Max Cleland and most of all Mikhail Gorbachev and then as Commander in Chief do the right thing.

Train up the Afghan army and leave, our troops did their job and exemplary. Honor them by letting them pull out with their heads held high. Fed and supply the Afghani’s. Karzai said he will fight the corruption, unite Afghanistan, and defeat the Taliban. So be it, see you later!




James Joiner
Gardner, Ma
www.anaveraagepatriot.com

10 comments:

Demeur said...

Update: I see Obama didn't like the solutions of his generals and now wants them to re-evaluate their findings. From what I heard the generals aren't thrilled with Karzi's not wanting to deal with corruption. If I were him I'd be trying to strike a deal with Pakistan to get something accomplished.

jmsjoin said...

All right Demeur! Not tomorrow but I am working on that. Our Ambassador who was the commanding General there warned against adding more troops. I am psyched, he cannot be ignored. I love this development!

Lily said...

Jim, you can see my e-mail on my blogger-profile. can't remember it, because I got it from some asshole after he screwed up my own e-mail, nice, uh?

Actually I have already left 2 comments on little Bill's blog re Fort hood. so I would feel a little stupid, pasting it in here as well, because you know what I think about that and now you know where you can find it written once again...

Would be good if you could check out the 2 links I gave you yesterday, they're relevant to both your posts, today's and yesterday's
and then you might understand why I think shrinks have no place in our society, but certainly not in the military and also not in aid organizations!

Other than that I can only add: of course they need to train up the Afghan army ASAP and as efficient as possible. Since I'm saying that... isn't this traditionally the job of the Brits?!

Mind you many Iraqis are still quite grateful for that...

jmsjoin said...

Hi Sarah! Okay I'll get it, I still have to check those links I have been too busy with things happening here and rebuilding things. I will do it now!

Dave Dubya said...

Look who else is cautioning Obama about escalation.

From the NYTimes:

The United States ambassador in Kabul has expressed written opposition to deploying more American troops to Afghanistan.
Ambassador Karl W. Eikenberry, a retired Army lieutenant general who once was the top American commander in Afghanistan, has argued that the administration needs to move away from a debate over numbers and confront a more basic issue: the risk that sending more soldiers will deepen the dependence of the Afghan government on the United States.

Demeur said...

The problem with training the Afghan army is that they aren't that willing. The only reason they enlist is that unemployment is so high and the Taliban have infiltrated. Again it's a matter of corruption.

Robert Rouse said...

Jim, any country that has tribal warlords is incapable of being controlled without the occupying force being ruthless. Afghanistan may be a lost cause. We can't afford to keep us there AND keep paying them not to attack us.

jmsjoin said...

Dave
That is the best thing I have heard yet! I might put it in context here tomorrow but I already wrote about it on public media.

The Ambassador was also a three star General in charge in Afghanistan so he should know. I love it, it is about time, the right take, get out!

jmsjoin said...

Demeur I agree and it is sick! Corruption is is the National business and keeping them afloat. I was sickened to hear that our tax dollars are paying off the Taliban not to kill us. Damn what a frigging mess!

jmsjoin said...

Hi Robert! You are right, they do not want a central Government and as to good advice we shout get out now or join the graveyard of Nations!