Thursday, November 19, 2009

Corruption index” from Transparency International; Where does your country rank?




Afghanistan sinks in new corruption ranking as US, World Leaders Fall Short in Corruption Fight, Group Says!

Afghanistan's level of corruption earns it a ranking of 179 out of 180 Nations listed, worsened only by Somalia who is ranked as the most corrupt nation on earth. . That is not much to be proud of! Britain is 17th and the US is 19th, Cuba is 64th and Mexico 89th. Afghanistan has Iraq Burma Haiti and the likes of Burundi for company on the bottom of the list. Afghanistan sinks in new corruption ranking

What bothers me about the list is that recent efforts at forcing Democracy on Nations by Bush we know as failure but it is illustrated here. I know corruption has been around since the beginning of society and man. However, with the advent of George W and his corrupt underhanded Government in what he called an example of Democracy to be exported around the world the corruption and stolen power became the new standard. Britain slips to new low in ranking of most corrupt countries ...‎

US, World Leaders Fall Short in Corruption Fight, Group Says

Bush used what I coined as 3D politics taught by Karl Rove to achieve their goals. (3D politics = Deceitful, deceptive, divisive politics) It seems in every election in every country now we hear cries of fraud and corruption not just here in the US and more visibly in Iran during the June Presidential election. Why should we expect Afghanistan or anyone else to be any different? Check where your country ranks in the corruption index

Look at the example we have set for others to follow. I remember the feeling of shame when GW had the audacity to tell China they should aspire to a US style Democracy seeing our own broadcast daily corruption in what many of us believed was no longer a Democracy. Under Bush we became a Democracy in name only and were exporting that not just in the Middle East but around the world.

Stealing elections and corruptions is the standard in the world now. The destruction Bush rained on the US and world balance along with the example he set for the world to follow will affect the entire world for generations if not forever. That is why I can not forget what Bush did and people often tell me to get over it. He made sure he will go down in history!





James Joiner
Gardner, Ma
www.anaveragepatriot.com

6 comments:

Middle Ditch said...

Hey Jim, I hope you're alright. Just passing to say hi!

jmsjoin said...

Hi Monique! Sure I'm alright I hope you and yours are!

Holte Ender said...

See all those countries with strong social programs in the top ten least corrupt. Wonder what we could learn from them? There was a list I read not so long ago about who were the happiest people in the world and if my memory serves me, it was a similar top ten. When will we ever learn?

Demeur said...

First off the list is the 'perception' of corruption. So I think it's a little distorted. I can't see how the U.S. is so far up the list when you stop to consider that we nearly brought down the entire world economy with deceptive repackaging of subprime mortgages and 40 to 1 leveraged investments. If that isn't corrupt I don't know what is. Then there's Bernie Madoff and I've lost count of how many others like him.
So as you can see with our superior educational system rather than breaking into a train car our thieves are stealing the entire railroad.

jmsjoin said...

I remember that, wasn't the happiest Finland or Denmark or something? Whoever it was had phenomenal social programs and all the people were as happy as Lark's

jmsjoin said...

I agree Demeur we should be a lot farther down the list. I expect in totality we are one of the worst!