Monday, November 16, 2009

Tax payers "you and I" are paying the Taliban not to kill us with our Taxes!



That really peeves me! We talk about corruption in Afghanistan and the Afghan Government. We have discussed often about corrupt President Karzai his corrupt Government, and his drug lord brother being on the CIA payroll. Now we are finding out private security is paying of the Taliban not to blow up our equipment and to not kill us.

First I want to say I guess we are not paying them enough. This is sick! Drugs and corruption seem to be Afghanistan's main industry! Think about the scope of this and the future ramifications as this so called terrorism progresses around the world. We are setting a very dangerous precedent.

I was stunned to find out if we do not pay the Taliban their bribes they blow up bridges kidnap people and generally create mayhem until they do receive their kickbacks. Also the Taliban actually keeps an office in Kabul to review major deals, determine percentages and conduct negotiations. That absolutely amazes me! Is the Taliban Getting a Cut of U.S. Aid? - World Watch - CBS News

Obama is looking at paying off the 70% of the Taliban who are not considered hard core and will switch sides for money as we have heard, They are called the $10 a day Taliban and with 15,000 of them costing $300,000 that would be a drop in the bucket compared to the 165 million per day we are paying to fight this war. Obama prepared to pay off the Taliban

We are paying off the Taliban not to kill us, the Government is totally corrupt, And they do not want to cooperate or fight for their country, no wonder Obama is stymied as to what to do next. I am not! Get us the hell out of this mess in an honorable withdrawal with heads held high. Our troops did their job, the Al Qaeda is gone! Afghani’s do not want us there, they do not want a Democracy, nor do they want a central Government.

* In closing: To top everything off trucking firms use DOD cash to pay off the Taliban, the US pays off the enemy not to attack convoys, Karzai cousins control the key routes to Kandahar, and we are approaching the 9th year with no end in sight unless we listen to Max Cleland, Mikhail Gorbachev, and Ambassador Eikenberry and withdraw. The chorus is growing!




James Joiner
Gardner, Ma
www.anaveragepatriot.com

6 comments:

Cirze said...

As if we could, my friend, as if we could.

Great blog!

Thanks for putting the words out there.

S

First I want to say I guess we are not paying them enough.

jmsjoin said...

Hi Suzan! Thank you! Bush got me started and I can't stop looking for the truth and speaking the good sense we never hear. At least one of my sons will be disappointed but we did our job and should start the slow withdrawal. Welcome by the way!

Demeur said...

You haven't been doing your research Jim. Bush did the same thing in southern Iraq. And we know damn well that they'll play boths sides against the middle on this. As in, who's paying the most today or can I get more money out of the opium farmers.
I hope you can pass this info on to your sons lest they get totally demoralized.

jmsjoin said...

Hi Demeur! I didn't have to do any research, we all know that. We also know Afghanistan is not Iraq and it will not work there.

My sons will not be demoralized they are trying to get back in there. I guess they take after me because of I was the Taliban I would hunt down and kill any turncoats! I would expect they would take the money and stay loyal.

Holte Ender said...

Corruption in Afghanistan is not called corruption, if you are an Afghani, it's called everyday life.

This is one of the major differences between us and them and neither one understands the other.

"Stop being corrupt" we say, "Stop being here", they say, the argument can never be elevated to one of meaningful dialogue, it's one accusation after another, one unreasonable request after another, one cliche after another. It's becoming theater.

jmsjoin said...

I have to laugh Holte, that's what the Afghani's said. They are glad the election is over and they did not have to risk their life voting again and one corrupt Government is the same as the next.