Seeing the volatility of the stock market and the way our situation is affecting the entire world, after discussions yesterday as to whether or not a financial collapse would be the trigger for Bush to take control of America by whatever means and really get his plan for new societal, middle east, and world(dis)order going. This is not a secure future Bush has set the stage for! All the conflicting negative chaotic information I saw this morning from around the world made me revisit a story I first wrote two years ago!
Anyway On 1/17/07 the Doomsday Clock was reset to 5 minutes of midnight supposedly because of North Korea’s recent test of a nuclear weapon, Iran’s alleged nuclear ambitions, a renewed U.S. emphasis on the military utility of nuclear weapons, the failure to adequately secure nuclear materials, and the continued presence of some 26,000 nuclear weapons in the United States and Russia. Experts assessing the dangers posed to civilization have added climate change to the prospect of nuclear annihilation as the greatest threats to humankind. they are forgetting so much it isn't funny! The Doomsday clock, who controls it and how accurate is it
In light of all this and a lot more let's Discuss the resetting of the Doomsday Clock: Does the world have a clue just how tenuous the situation is? How secure do you feel? As you may know, in 1953 the Doomsday clock had gotten as close as 2 minutes to Midnight because if the nuclear standoff between Russia and the United States. Last April we discussed how fragile peace was around the world and the fact that many Nations were threatening the willingness to prosecute a nuclear first strike and the clock stayed at 7 minutes to Midnight!.
* We have Iran wanting nuclear capabilities, Now they supposedly have them or are at least closer. Depending on who you believe.
* We had a nuclear first strike threat from France that of course still stands.
* Britain left all options on the table when posed the question and of course still does.
* We know Israel had announced the right to a preemptive strike using whatever it takes. We hear they are practicing to take out Iran's nuclear interests with a strategic low level preemptive nuclear strike in which they supposedly will neutralize all Iranian nuclear capabilities. I wouldn't think so but we also know Bush will have the ability to come to their defense when they do, As he has 3 carrier Battle Groups in the Gulf area, 2 Patriot missile batteries to defend Bush's interests, and a Fleet Admiral now in charge in the middle east. What a coincidence? Iran is now totally surrounded, Plus it gets a lot worse.
**India and Pakistan, traditional enemies both possess nuclear weapons and are more of a concern to me because Bush has now decided to share knowledge with India but not Pakistan and they are imploding?!
* Russia and China announced they would use them if they have to! You know they will and with both Nations cooperating militarily and building up along with Russia still supplying Iran with missiles to defend against Bush you have to wonder how that will all end up?
*To me most disconcerting is still knowing Bush will use them preemptively and seems to be setting the stage for an imminent show down that will include what Nations in the end? On top of all this and more we have finally an admission as to our many problems and scientists have decided the Doomsday clock should be moved back only 2 minutes, now to 5 minutes before Midnight. Do you think we are safer than we were during the cold war? To me the cold war only got colder on top of everything else.
Scientists at least, realize that as we stand at the brink of a second nuclear age and at the onset of unprecedented climate change, our way of thinking about the uses and control of technologies must change to prevent unspeakable destruction and future human suffering. I am just afraid that it is too late to think about it all now.
* Whether you believe in Nostradamus or not, he gave us two scenarios at this juncture in life. We had two roads we could follow into the future. We could take the peaceful road down a successful road into the future or we could take the road into conflict that would lead to destruction of man and the planet as we know them. * Sadly man seems to have chosen the 2nd road and with nuclear conflagration staring us in the face: We seem to be leading the way to our demise !