Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Captain America Killed "for Breaking Super Hero Registration Law" Sounds like a warning to me!

When I first heard captain America was assasinated I was thinking, okay so what. Then I thought about it and put it in context and it really concerns me.
One of America's patriotic, greatest superheroes has died today! In an issue that is to have hit the stands today, Marvel comic has killed off its oldest character. I don't assume to know what the political persuasion is of whoever is behind marvel comics or what the ulterior motive is here but this really smacks of intimidation and warning. Some of you I am sure will laugh about this but think about it.
Captain America the former WW2 soldier was gunned down by a sniper's bullet, "a Victim of a so called war on terror. This bothers me because it strikes me as a warning and worse a warning focused at kids. The decision also angered the character's creator, Joe Simon, who told the New York Daily News that the death comes at a time when "we really need him now."
Captain America's death "doesn't mean patriotism is dead," Buckley said, explaining that while the man in the costume died in this latest story, the ideals of Captain America did not. I am concerned and do not like the implications. This is too much of a warning to us. Follow the ridiculous rules or else!
In the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Captain America embodied the psyche of the Greatest Generation, standing as a pillar of morality and honesty, and doing the right thing at the right time.
Knowing this and that The storyline pitted superheroes against one another in a war over civil liberties that began with the U.S. government requiring the comic crusaders to register their secret identities.what are we supposed to think? http://www.foxnews.com/...
I just do not get this. Are we being cajoled, warned, and threatened again through a comic hero?

James Joiner
Gardner, Ma
www.anaveragepatriot.com

No comments: