Tuesday, May 02, 2006

We Must Turn This ship Called America around: My Insightful ER Nightmare!

We are in trouble. Worse than even I thought. I have been calling for what is happening in society today since 1970 and I started High school. The demise of our societal system and governmental system of order was totally obvious to me. Bush has merely put the entire thing on the fast track. Without getting into all that right now listen to this.
I had a horrible experience last night in the ER (emergency room) and this
morning I wake up to the news that Medicare and medicaid will run out sooner than expected. We are in serious trouble here just watch! To Bush the sick, elderly, those on social security and Medicare etc., are what he calls unfunded liabilities and should be cut while trying to save money to give the rich their tax's back.
Anyway, knowing what I have experienced in the past 50 years and last night, our medical system is in serious trouble. The hell with the rest of our societal infrastructure, to hell with Iraq or the rest of the world bush has decided it was up to him to change. Everything is just starting to bear its ugly fruit and things here and abroad will get a hell of a lot worse. This way on conducting society, business, and life in general, Is just starting to hit us in the face and our so called leaders just don't see what is happening and going to happen, and just continue playing games.
Okay listen to this nightmare! Last night I was pushing down the rubbish with my hand, which I will never do again, because we are allowed today only one barrel of waste. This was my own stupid fault and the start of my troubles last night.
I cut my index finger rather well on a broken glass, dumb move I know, and there is no room for mistakes or dumb moves today. I wrapped up my finger and since I did not want to deal with getting it stitched, the ER, and Insurance issues, I tried to no avail to make due.
Here we have he beginning of my small problem and what is the obvious demise of our medical system. I was bleeding all over my keyboard so I had to go to the ER to get it stitched. Here it was 6:30 PM and I went to the ER where today's realities of what our desire to streamline and make as much profit as possible at the expense of humanity and society hit me in the face.
The ER was full so I waited, no big deal. Four hours later I was finally seen, still no big deal. After five hours there and they started to help me, now the nightmare started. The Doctor started to repair my finger. She attempted to anesthetize my finger so she could stitch it. She determined it ready to sew and then started. When she was finishing she was putting in the last stitch when I realize she was sewing me and I was not anesthetized.
Before I finish this I must say the Doctor and all the staff were very nice but completely
overwhelmed obviously. She held my finger and hand down and said hold on, hold on, I'm in now and I just want to finish this. Okay ! I don't know if they were trying to save money but I have to believe this is the issue.
In my five hours there I noticed there was only one Doctor who was running around trying to handle things. When she finally got to me she was rushing around and dropping things left and right. She was now getting me nervous and I asked her to relax and slow down, she was rushing to much. To start with, I thought they were supposed to comfort you not the other way around.
So anyway, she finished and things got worse. The nurse who was supposed to give me a tetanus shot got busy and forgot. So she was reminded and came back to give me the shot, clean my finger, and send me off on my way. No problem! After watching Iraqi's and our soldiers suffering in silence I was not going to complain about anything.
She gave me my shot and started cleaning my finger. She was very rough but I was not about to complain until i could no longer stand the pain. When I complained about the manhandling she apologized and said she thought my finger was still anesthetized and it was not.
She started to be more gentle but now my sewn finger was bleeding worse than when I got there. I did survive and when I was leaving, the once empty waiting room was full again and people were sitting there suffering in silence. I immediately felt for them. It struck home to me that the nurse apologized to me for the long wait but said it was short compared to other area Hospitals. Because their wait was 6 hours. She said this was normal but that didn't sound normal to me.
It might be normal today but I have never had to wait so long to be helped and it was not normal to me. We have got to start staffing the ER at the least so we can help our people. We have become to earnings conscience even in the ER and the entire medical industry, at the expense of those that are the reason for their being at all. In leaving the ER my thought was first, those poor people, 2nd was that many there were probably uninsured,underinsured, and had no other options.
The system is severely broken and this is only one of many, many of our broken societal systems. I then woke up this morning to the fact that bush was saying medicare and Medicaid were going to run out of money sooner than thought and it cemented my thoughts and started to sound even worse. First, I think Bush's goal is to make people think there is a catastrophe and he must intervene and kill another FDR legacy by republicanizing social security, Medicare, and Medicaid. If there is a catastrophe in the offing it is another bush created catastrophe.
We have got to realize that this system of maximizing astronomical profits has been to the detriment of society and its well being. We must get back to the normal hum drum of putting society first. Profits of course,but not at the expense of society or the average American. We have got to stop thinking of those in need as unfunded liabilities. Stop cutting them and start helping them and society.
Our problems in society and around the world are just coming to light and will get a lot worse. We have got to realize this as a society and come together and take care of ourselves. Bush's system of hurting the lower classes, maximizing profits, and enriching the wealthy as much as possible, and shipping jobs and manufacturing overseas, is not working. It is to the detriment of a viable society and America.
We have got to turn this ship called America around because bush has it headed for the rocks! We are headed the way of the Roman Empire!
James Joiner
Gardner, Ma
www.anaveragepatriot.com

Technorati Tags:
, ,

No comments: