Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's the End of the World as we Know it! New Survivalist preparing for Greater Depression! Relax hope for the best but be Prepared and stay together!


R.E.M It's the End of The World as we know it!



Poll finds Americans angry and worried, you better be

New Survivalist preparing for Greater Depression!



Atash Hagmahani is not waiting for the stock market to recover. The former high-tech professional turned urban survivalist has already moved his money into safer investments Rice and beans, for starters. “I hoard food,” says Hagmahani, 44, estimating that he has enough to last his family a year or two. “I’m not ashamed to admit it.” “People keep asking when this (economic crisis) is going to clear up,” says Hagmahani, who agreed to be interviewed on the condition that he be identified only by the pseudonym he uses for his survivalist blog, or by his first name, Rob. The answer he predicts, is that the country is entering what he calls a “Greater Depression.” “Maybe they jolly well better get used to the change in lifestyle.” Hagmahani is not alone in concluding that desperate times call for serious preparations. With foreclosure rates running rampant, financial institutions teetering and falling, prices for many goods and services climbing, and jobs being slashed, many Americans are making preparations for worse times ahead. For some, that means cutting spending and saving more.

For others, it means taking a step into survivalism, once regarded solely as the province of religious End-of-Timers, sci-fi fans and extremists. That often manifests itself as a desire to secure basic emergency resources — what survival guru Jim Wesley Rawles describes as “beans, bullets and Band-Aids.” Rawles, speaking by phone from an “undisclosed location” somewhere between the Cascades and the Rocky Mountains, said he has seen traffic on his Web site, SurvivalBlog.com, explode in the last year. Getting ready for ‘TEOTWAWKI’
“There are a lot more people — a lot more eager people — who are trying to get themselves squared away logistically,” said Rawles, who lectures and writes books on preparing for and surviving “TEOTWAWKI” — The End Of The World As We Know It.

Rawles, a self-described Christian conservative, said most of his readers had similar backgrounds when he started his blog in 2005. But he said that as the financial crisis has unfolded — particularly when oil prices began to soar — he started hearing from a much broader segment of the population. “Now it’s the entire political spectrum — far right, far left and everything in between,” said Rawles. “I’m getting over 200 e-mails from readers a day. Now it is quite apparent how many more liberals are writing. Same concerns, different outlook. Greens, for instance, put less emphasis on self-defense and guns.” Buoyed by an industry that flourishes when others languish, his site also is attracting record advertising revenue. The offerings include “secure, off-grid” mountain retreats, firearms training home schooling aids, gold, freeze-dried food and water filtration systems. Long-lasting food in demand Others more directly embedded in the survival industry say they, too, are seeing the biggest surge of orders since the run-up to Y2K, when angst surged over whether computers would survive the dawn of a new millennium. Survivalism Growing

James Joiner
Gardner, Ma
www.anaveragepatriot.com

18 comments:

billie said...

it doesn't make me feel better that the crazy right religious freaks will survive alongside. but, i guess, good for them :) i wish i could have started sooner and gotten more supplies before money tightened up. we'll just have to keep plugging and hope for the best- while preparing for the worst.

jmsjoin said...

I agree Betmo! I think it is only normal to wish ill of the so called Conservatives and their perverted Religious followers because of what they have purposely done to our America and world order. I won't say any ,ore because you know. You are a survivor and will be okay you just take care and stay in touch!

Billie Greenwood said...

I've been involved in the Voluntary Simplicity Movement since the mid-90's (at least). There are some similarities to this survivalism movement.

You did a great job composing this post. It all fits well together. Thanks.

jmsjoin said...

B E
Thanks! I have never heard of the voluntary Simplicity Movement but I will now check it out. Sounds like it goes hand in hand with the Survivalist Movement. I have been a survivalist my entire life! I really started geting into it when I was in High School living and working there. (Essex Aggie)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

im loving my 11 acres more and more each day

jmsjoin said...

torrance
You lucky dog! I envy you! I hope you know how to make the most of it! How is your Daughter? Man 11 acres do you realize how lucky you are? Where is it? Take care and stay in touch!

Unknown said...

I was just thinking, AAP, you are like the John The Baptist of the blog world. LOL!

I'm so glad I have somewhere to go to learn about survivalism. All I have now is an earthquake kit. :(

jmsjoin said...

Helen
You riot! Now I have to look up John the Baptist! You bet your sweet Bipee you can count on me. That is what I am here for! We will be fine together!

Ingrid said...

well mister the end is nigh..You got yourself tagged! Come on over and check it out, nothing 'schticky' but merely something fun..

hugs

Ingrid

Middle Ditch said...

:-D

jmsjoin said...

Hi Ingrid!
You ticket! I will reserve saying thank you until I see what you have me into so for now I will say thanks for thinking of me! I'm on my way!

jmsjoin said...

Monique!
Okay I have to ask what is :-D a hug? I know you used it before!

Utah Savage said...

Great post James. I buy a small bag of dried beans and a small bag of rice and some canned tomatoes and think I'm stocked for the winter. Guess I better rethink my storage priorities and shop for bargains when I shop.

By the way, I'm glad I not the only one who's never been to Craig's List.

jmsjoin said...

Thanks Utah!
Most are going to have to adapt their life styles and start thinking about eating things they can store. I have to laugh! I have no idea what craigs list is? I just do Political and news analysis. I want to help people and keep people together. That is my forte and my priority!

Unknown said...

Craig's List is great! I've gotten rid of over $1,000 worth of my 'junk' on it as I prepare to move. It's also good for finding that 'hard to find' stuff.

:-D ....... Turn your head to the left, Jim. What do you see?

Great word verification for this post. coper :)

jmsjoin said...

Okay Brother!
What do you mean what do I see I see a wall? I have to laugh do you want me to cough? How is the move shaping up?

Unknown said...

Bwahahahahahaha

Jim, you're a riot!!!!

Tilt your head sideways to the left while looking at the symbols.

:) :-) :( :-( ;) :D :-D

As for your coughing......ask Trice to help you with that.

jmsjoin said...

I'm laughing my ass off! I tilted my head and I'm just getting a head ache!
I had Trice do it and she said she saw a smile. I just see a bunch of dots! She laughed when I told her about what you said about the coughing, funny!