Wednesday, March 31, 2010

General McChrystal Goes on vacation Patrol I mean patrol in 'Taliban Vacation Spot'


Exclusive: Gen. McChrystal Goes on Patrol in 'Taliban Vacation Spot'

Pakistani Troops Kill 84 Taliban Fighters
Remember Afghan militants present doable 15-point peace plan to the Afghan ...

Don't get too ecstatic but it just keeps getting better! It is working in Pakistan and it can work in Afghanistan too. This just keeps getting better. We discussed it many times in the past. Remember the militants world started crumbling with the capture of Mullah Baradar

When all is said and done I remember when it came out that Karzai was corrupt and he won the election. The people’s attitude was oh well, one corrupt Government is as good as the next .At least the Government is not killing and maiming the people in the name of Sharia law. The government might be corrupt but it is better than the alternative.
This is big and keeps getting better and better! I am pretty pleased that Gulbuddin Hekmatyar Representatives of his major insurgent faction have presented a formal 15-point peace plan to the Afghan government of Hamid Karzai. This is the first concrete proposal to end hostilities and get us the heck out of there. Obama can do this, he is doing it.

This would not even be a thought under Bush. As we said in Iraq the Afghan's too must come together so we can leave. They can then turn on each other as I fully expect to be the case in Iraq and also in Afghanistan. Anyway representatives of Hezb-e-Islami met on Monday with representatives of the Government. This is huge as Hezb-e-Islami, or Islamic operates under a separate command from the Taliban, it has links to the Taliban leadership and Al Qaeda and has fought on a common front against foreign forces in Afghanistan.
They only want what I want and that is a withdrawal date for all foreign forces on Afghani soil. That is doable under Obama. We can really do this! They want us to start in July and have it completed in 6 months. The 6 month time frame would have to be flexible and they would have to police the still militant Taliban and keep the peace amongst themselves even if only until we leave as I expect.
Insurgent Faction Presents Afghan Peace Plan
 
Even the hard core Taliban will go along with this plan if we will only guarantee that we will leave. I really believe we can do this under Obama like health care it would not have happened under Bush or anyone else. Health care, Afghanistan, and the peace prize, what a heck of a trifecta, what a legacy, Obama has already secured his legacy but success in Afghanistan will make him a legend.

James Joiner
Gardner, Massachusetts
http://anaverageamericanpatriot.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Vigilante said...

Patriot, all I hear is ca-ching!ca-ching!ca-ching! This expeditionary crusade is not something people in my county can afford what with 12 % unemployment, foreclosures, etc. Congress is balking at spending for a 2nd recovery bill, but not at "investing" in this unsustainable project.

jmsjoin said...

I thought you were on hiatus or something, welcome back. Anyway we have to get out of these two wars there are more coming. I just can't believe the position our so called leaders have put us in.

Demeur said...

I'd be guardedly optimistic about this Jim remember we're dealing with a lot of corruption here. I'm with Vigilante following the money will say what happens.

jmsjoin said...

Always Demeur! I hope for the best and things could work out but one side or the other always frigs something up and I hope this will be an exception but I wont' hold my breath.

Tim said...

Hey patriot
I just wanted to give you my two cents. I remember a time not so long ago when people said "why should I vote..it doesn't matter..there all corrupt". Just think if crash McCain won..yikes we'd be in five wars at once.
Later