Friday, October 20, 2006

Democrats encouraged as Bush admits failure and troops find legal way out of Iraq duty!

During an interview with the ABC television network, President Bush spoke about one possible parallel with Iraq. The comments came when he was asked about a newspaper column by New York Times journalist Thomas Friedman, who compared the recent spike in violence in Iraq to the Vietnam-era Tet offensive.
"He could be right," Mr. Bush said. "There certainly is a stepped-up level of violence, and we are heading into an election."
The Tet offensive is widely considered to be the turning point of the Vietnam War. While Communist forces ultimately lost the Tet offensive, they won a propaganda victory that prompted Americans to lose support for the conflict.

Snow said Bush was simply noting that the enemy in Iraq may be increasing violence in order to affect the November 7 election in the United States, much as communist forces did in Vietnam prior to the U.S. election of 1968.
In Baghdad, a U.S. military spokesman struck a similar chord. Major General William Caldwell said, while it is difficult to tell exactly what the terrorists are thinking, it is possible that they are trying to use violence right now as a way of influencing elections.
"It is no coincidence that the surge in attacks against coalition forces and subsequent increase in U.S. casualties coincides with our increased presence on the streets in Baghdad and the run up to American mid-term elections," he said. "The enemy knows that killing innocent people and Americans will garner headlines and create a sense of frustration." http://voanews.com/...

I am very peeved that Once again Bush is trying to turn his mistakes into a Political issue for his own lying political gain. We, he, initiated these attacks not the terrorists. He was trying to use it to influence the elections not the terrorists or Democrats. Like everything he is involved in this too has failed. The mission to take back Baghdad called operation together forward has been declared a disappointing failure. With pictures of snipers increasingly shooting our soldiers and terrorists driving around waving grenade launchers and guns and declaring victory. The reference is that they are trying to influence our election meaning they want the weak Democrats in office. That is Bullshit! However, It does 2 things!

It provides incentive for our troops to go into debt in order to escape going to war overseas as they are considered a security risk. I don't understand that but it is a vote for soldiers to get into debt and it is on the rise as thousands have taken advantage of this. Of course sometimes one has no control over this and it is sad that soldiers have to even confront this in reality.http://www.foxnews.com/...

Also the failed mission to retake Baghdad that was designed for Repub political gain has also backfired and will be a political gain but for the Democrats as they see that we have not completed the job against Osama bin Laden and Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan. "They see that we took our eye off the ball there and went into Iraq. And they see that what we have in Iraq is a mess and chaos and the result of many, many things, including gross incompetence by the Bush administration." I just want to point out that Iraq was lost as soon as Bush attacked it. http://www.dailykos.com/...

Anyway All 435 seats in the House of Representatives are at stake this year, as well as 33 seats in the 100-member Senate and 36 state governorships.
http://voanews.com/...

With the Foley folly looking more and more like another Repub lie and cover up and Bush's Iraq debacle proving to be the mess and loss that we have known it was and now Bush admitting to, the Repub's are defeating themselves as should have been the case from the beginning. Their underhandedness still concerns me come November. What about you?

James Joiner
Gardner, Ma
www.anaveragepatriot.com

5 comments:

Controversial Colin said...

You may be interested to know that the comments about the similarities to the "Tet Offensive" were not reported on UK TV stations.

I don't know why. There is also lots of stuff that we do report but doesn't make its way to CNN.

Weird!

Good article by the way.

jmsjoin said...

Colin
Thanks! there are similarities but is is what is appearing to be a parfect setup for a TET in Afghanistan that is concerning me even more because one of my sons is there. as for UK not reporting it, that is probably because Bush didn't like it, the sniper videos targeting Americans on CNN particularly didn't go over well. I think it is important to show what those troops are up against though. That too is particularly troubling to me because when my son finishes in Afghanistan he goes to Iraq where he no doubt will meet one of his brothers who is flying in the Air Force and his Squadron takes over command there May 1. What a mess and it will get a lot worse.
I am getting ready to finish putting together a post on the Iraq mes as soon as I get the link and story where Bush is saying stupidly again that Ira2q is tough but we are still going to stay the course. Iraq is lost and he is an idiot.
You know, I was thinking about what I said about having a lot more in common with British Bloggers. It reminded me, my Grandfather came off the boat from Harrow on the Hill in England where ha met my grandmother from Couty Carrie Ireland, then he joined WW1. It is him I take after. Anyway take care!
I also thought about how to link last night and am pretty sure I can do it. I am going to give it a shot once I have the time and will make you the first one I do.

Controversial Colin said...

Hi,

The title "Democrats encouraged..."
disturbs me.

Could they actually be taking comfort in being able to say I told you so?

We are talking about soldiers getting killed here and politicians are turning it into a pissing contest.

BTW

Thanks for the link :-)

I will be adding something new to my blog today, as usual, something funny but true.

jmsjoin said...

colin
I have to hope like me they are ancouraged because they want our America back and get us back to reality.
I caught again today Bush saying he didn't care about all the American deaths. We would not leave Iraq on his watch.
This idiot is a danger to the world. I will be checking your site out today. I now have the links I need in order to stay on my site and access everything I need. I just finished a problem I had all day. Now I can take a break and get to other thins.
By the way if it is 12 noon here what time would it be there? Do you klnow the time difference?

Controversial Colin said...

Hi,

For some reason my blog is set to EST (i think) and not GMT.

I only know what time it is in the USA when I post something on my blog.