Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Truth Will set you free Yeah Right!

That and a good liar I mean lawyer. Honesty is the best policy. Not if your a Republican. Whoever said that hasn't been in our legal system for sure. The truth today is worthless! The best liar more often than not seems to win. I have been on a quest for the truth all my life. Being honest and truthful rarely seems to work in your favor but to some of us is a weakness that we can't overcome. with this in mind and knowing that we were being lied to by Bushco is what led me to write about the unbiased truth after 9/11. with the extreme partisan politics that surround us today most of which you can blame on Bush and Rove, cleaning up washington politics yeah right! anyway it is this search for the truth that leads me to monitor Fox News. I generally analize what they say and compare it to the truth as to what we the people, the average American really feel and then write about it. It used to be you listen to the left you listen to the right and the truth can be found somewhere in the middle. Not today! The truth is never mentioned. Depending on which news channel you watch dictates the "truth" they want you to hear and believe. The truth today is AWOL. If you want the truth you have to you have to listen to everything and figure it out for yourself. In my diary yesterday someone commented on our military being run by service dodging rummy and Bush and on a cartoon showing a limbless veteran, saying it is okay if it gets the point across. I an a Vietnam era vet and I have two sons in the military right now. One has been in and out of the Middle East as E.O.D and another is finishing up on survival training in preperation for flight. I don't want to see either one of them used for anyones political purpose nor do I care that their bosses are Bush and Rummy. The issue for them and me is doing the right thing and being honest. I still happen to believe that Dan Rather and crew were right in outing Bush's less than honorable military service. They took the hit in order to protyect Bush's shoddy integrity as someone must do in every incident he is involved with. I have to tell you, I am just an average American and what Bush says can't be done in the military with record alteration etc. was done for me and i'm sure many others and still happens today. i got out of the Marines with a recruiter walking me through the entire process of recor destruction and getting me reenlisted. I was classified 4F (unfit for military duty) and still have my selective service card. I also went on to serve honorably as a military police for 4 years and did an honorable stint in the army reserves. I don't know what i am getting at I just think the truth is not worth very much today especcially in our political system.

No comments: