I keep hearing rumors of being fascists so I thought it time to remind people that we already are and not just Germany, Russia, China, and Greece.
Fascism has become the rule of the day. We seem to have become a Fascist world as Nations prepare to fight for the future. Very scary! Greece, the United States, Russia, China, The world?
When Russia just annexed Crimea they did so using the excuse that the Russians there were being marginalized and Russia must come to the rescue of her people. Using that excuse Russia can take whatever ex USSR country it wants so watch out as Putin races to make Russia great again.
Now I want to relist the 10 steps listed to end a Democracy as they pertain to us and Russia and you will agree.
1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy. In our case The enemy is us! After 9/11 the Patriot act was passed, fear constantly pressed on us and Bush started his power grab.
2. Create a gulag . Once you have got everyone scared, the next step is to create a prison system outside the rule of law, FEMA Concentration camps! Russia has just been imprisoning everyone that calls Putin on his power grab, lies, and deception to make Russia great again or so he thinks.
3. Develop a thug caste: Private security even at times various Governmental agencies. The police get wore and worse!Putin has his motorcycle gang that travels with Putin and takes the lead in playing the heavies as they did in Moscow and again in Crimea.
4. Set up an internal surveillance system You know this one strikes home!
5. Harass citizens' groups
6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release
7. Target key individuals: Threaten civil servants
8. Control the press
9. Dissent equals treason: We know only Bushco could commit treason as they set up their new America and you watch Putin do what he wants and smugly justify it.
10. Suspend the rule of law: The John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007 gave the president new powers over the national guard. He can now send New York's national guard against another State if "He" deems necessary! In Russia there is Putin's law period and there are young hooligans picking up the flag and cheering for Putin.
Remember the 14 common threads of Fascism: keep the entire world in mind but particularly how everyone of them applies in America and Russia today, more so under Bush and Putin I think. This is scary!
* 1. Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism. Bingo!
* 2. Disdain for the importance of human rights. Bingo!
* 3. Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause. Bingo!
* 4. The supremacy of the military/avid militarism. Bingo!
* 5. Rampant sexism. Bingo, Bingo, Bingo!
* 6. A controlled mass media. Bingo! Russia won't even allow them.
* 7. Obsession with national security. Bingo!
* 8. Religion and ruling elite tied together. Bingo!*
9. Power of corporations protected. Bingo!
* 10. Power of labor suppressed or eliminated. Bingo!
* 11. Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts. Bingo! (at the link read how it does apply)
* 12. Obsession with crime and punishment. Bingo!
* 13. Rampant cronyism and corruption. Bingo!
* 14. Fraudulent elections. Bingo!*
* Now what do you think and believe? We have got to take another course The time for this is over I can understand Russia wanting a return to USSR years but that time is over. Ex USSR counties want their Independence too and they want it as a Democracy.